Loading...

Homeless Teen Finds $500. When He Returns It, He Never Expected THIS… I’m In Tears!

Sponsored Links
When Montrez Jefferies, a homeless teenager, recently found a $500 money order, he didn’t think twice about returning it.
“My mom always said do to others what I’d want them to do to me,” he recalled to ABC 11. “I feel like if somebody found something that I had dropped and it had my name on it, I’d want them to take it back to somebody so they could give it back to me.”
Although his decision wasn’t an easy one, Jefferies was eager to get the money back to its rightful owner.
The staff at the Durham Rescue Mission, where Jefferies currently lives, tracked down the owner. The woman, who wanted to remain anonymous, said she works two jobs and had no idea she’d lost her $500.
“It just goes to show you there are still good people in the world,” said Rob Tart with the Durham Rescue Mission.
Locals were impressed when they heard Jefferies’ story and decided to pay it forward by setting up a GoFundMe campaign. The Reality Project, a Durham nonprofit, and Carolina Aces Bike Club launched the campaign to raise money for the teen. As of Friday afternoon, they had raised $1,600.
When asked by the news station about the campaign, Jefferies said he wants to use the money to return to school, attend college, and start a career.
Let’s help spread this inspiring story, so please SHARE this with your friends on Facebook.
Sponsored Links
ads here



Love to hear what you think!

Post a Comment

Famenaija
Newer Posts Older Posts
© Copyright welcome to healthworld | Designed By Code Nirvana
Back To Top